Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Round and round finished!

Yay! My second finished quilt of the year! Man, I am on a roll!

I have so many WIPs floating around, that sometimes I feel like a butterfly flying here, working on this for a little bit, flying there, working on that for a little bit, and somehow I manage to come up with even more things to do while I'm fluttering around. So, last month, I decided I needed to finish something and get it off of my to-do list, and what better thing to finish than something that has been on my list for over a year (maybe a little more).








 This quilt is for Boy #1. It feels so good to know that he is going to have something handmade by his mommy. Even if he never uses it (he's pretty attached to some other blankets), at least he has it :)








I quilted the circles with swirls. In the beginning, I tried to keep the lines uniformly apart, but then some squiggles happened and since I have a no-unpicking policy (unless I royally screwed up the piecing part of it), they stayed, along with the hundred other squiggles that happened.








I stitched in the ditch around each square/block and did a loopy-loop on the borders. I really enjoyed doing the loopy-loops because they were super fast and perfect for borders.








He hasn't received the quilt yet, because I am still on the fence about whether he should receive it as a birthday present (which is still a few months away) or as a just-because present, but I think he will be receiving it in the near-future, just because :)








Also, I might be borrowing it to snuggle with after he goes to bed...maybe.






No comments:

Post a Comment