Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Let's do this again!

Ready for round three of baby blankets? Or round four? Or five? I have seriously lost count of how many baby blankets I've already made this year, but I think the end is in sight!






This one is for a former co-worker of mine who loves the outdoors and is having a boy. The fabric is from the fat quarter set that I bought at a local craft store and split up to make another baby quilt in the same pattern; that quilt used the green and white and brown fabrics to be gender-neutral. I love the teals and browns in this quilt and the flannel fabric is sooo soft!






I did a simple four-patch pattern and quilted it from corner to corner through each square, which resulted in a soft and cozy finish.






The binding is a brown dot (same as the other flannel baby quilt) and is backed in a turquoise gingham print that I fell in love with at the store.






I also finished making the bags for the new big sister. I used a fairy print that I have had in my stash for a couple of years, so I don't even know what designer or whatnot it is, but I love it so much!










I made three bags, two for the big sister and one for me, but since I have already wrapped the other two, I just have mine to show you. The other two were made with the purple fairy print, a brown with small white polka dots, and the brown and white fabric you see on mine.






I adore these bags! They came together fast and the pattern was easy enough to follow; they might pop up again in different fabrics for Christmas presents.... :)




No comments:

Post a Comment