Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thursday Fabric


Just for kicks and giggles, I thought I'd share some fun finds from my local quilt store! I don't have a set color palette that I always work with, mostly because I am still trying to find my little niche in the quilting world, but even these Kaffe Fassett shot cotton fabrics were a stretch for me.


(Kaffe Fassett Shot Cottons in Solids and Stripes)


I've seen them in the store when I go to browse, but wasn't really impressed with them until I saw this quilt, which for some reason, I totally adore!



(Left to right: Exotic Stripe in Midnight, Broad Stripe in Watermelon, Narrow Stripe in Heliotrope, Exotic Stripe in Purple, Alternating Stripe in Grass, Exotic Stripe in Earth, and Roman Stripe in Dusk)


Then, when I was grouping them for pictures, I had a thought that these might be cute when used for baby boy blankets. I don't have any plans for these right now, but every now and then, I go find them, feel how soft they are, play with arrangements, and then put them back until I am confident enough to actually sew with them. Or maybe I will just keep collecting them... :)



(Top to bottom: Clementine, Blueberry, Spruce, Lichen, Galvanized)

No comments:

Post a Comment