Thursday, August 8, 2013

Ruby Girl

This week I have been racing to hand sew the binding on this adorable baby quilt that I'm calling "Ruby Girl".








 The fabric is all from Bonnie and Camille's line for Moda called "Ruby".  The white fabric I found at JoAnn's.


 





 I have been hanging on to a charm pack of this for forever and couldn't find a project special enough to warrant using the pack - I just love the line so much! Then, a good friend of mine announced she was having a baby girl, and voila! Ruby Girl came into being.


 





I just did half-square triangles (HST's) and added a four-inch border all the way around to add some size. I then quilted in straight lines 1/4" from the horizontal and vertical seams. I thought about adding some quilting on the border, but liked the simplicity without any quilting. Then, I spent this week hand sewing the binding on whenever I had a few free minutes of time.



 




I'm really happy with it and almost wish I had a girl to give this to. Then I look at my sweet boys and reach for the fabric with the bugs on it... :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment