Sunday, February 8, 2015

Christmas Finishes, Part Deux

Happy February, everyone! How did that happen so quickly? I should be posting things that have to do with Valentine's Day, not Christmas, but oh, well, so it goes :)

My last Christmas finish to share is the quilt I made for my hubby. I thought that I had kept it a secret from him, but somehow he figured it out when I started asking him (nonchalantly, I thought) what his favorite colors were... :)






I used the Botanics line by Carolyn Friedlander, which fit him perfectly because of his occupation and the colors in the line. He wanted something bright and cheerful, not the dark colors that are usually found in masculine quilts.






This quilt whipped up pretty fast, and I was actually able to get it done before December, which was a huge weight off my shoulders, as I had this quilt to finish up in record time!






My hubby's favorite color is purple, so I backed it in the softest royal purple minky ever! The binding is a solid charcoal grey, which I feel frames the quilt while not taking away from the other colors in the quilt.






Another finish that I haven't shared yet is a baby quilt that I made from the leftovers of this quilt. All I had to do was order some extra fabric for the backing and binding, and I had a ready-made baby quilt!






The colors are so soothing, but cheerful, and the original quilt is my favorite couch quilt.






I quilted it in a curvy line stitch that my machine has and I love how easy it was! I want to quilt everything this way, which is why my hubby's quilt is quilted the same way :)






The binding is same as the backing and is machine-stitched front and back for durability.






Also, to show that I am not completely behind, here's a sneak-peak of a Valentine's Day project I'm working on...




Linking up to Sew Fresh Quilts!



Sew Fresh Quilts


 Have a happy day!
 


1 comment:

  1. I love the quilt you made for your husband! The Botanics line seems like a perfect choice for a masculine-but-not dark quilt. Also just love the way the colours together make it look fresh but like it's been around forever at the same time.

    ReplyDelete