Sunday, September 29, 2013

Holiday Frost

'Tis the season! Or soon enough, anyway, to start stressing me out. To explain, I have a love/hate relationship with the holiday season. I love the bright, shiny, sparkly bit of it along with the message of spreading compassion and love to our fellow man, love that part of it. But the part of finding the right gift, or decorating the whole house, or even being out near any shopping center during this time of year, makes me start to hyperventilate.

Time to stock up on chocolate and Diet Dr. Pepper to get me through the holidays!! :)


Now, on to the fabric! I don't have any holiday quilts in my house. Nada, zip, none. There is one sad, lonely little harvest-themed tablerunner, but that's it. This year, I wanted to change that and have been searching for just the right holiday fabric that conveys the holiday message, but could be left out into January as decor. And found it, I have!

Presenting Holiday Frost by Jan Shade Beach for Henry Glass Fabrics:








I love the simple color palette: gray, white, red, and a smidgen of green (very small, I think it's only on one fabric in the collection).

This print is my favorite, so I got it for the back! There's enough variety of different reindeer to keep it interesting.







And, to make it simple, I actually got this as a quilt kit. The one I'm making is on the right side.









I don't know when I will be able to get this done, but, by golly, it will be done this year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment