Saturday, August 1, 2015

Puttin' on the Ritz...Baby Quilt Style

If you're blue and you don't know where to go, 
Why don't you go where fashion sits,
Puttin' on the ritz.

This adorable little baby quilt was made with a charm pack of "Puttin' on the Ritz" by Bunny Hill Designs. And every time I heard the name of the fabric line, this song was going through my head...over and over and over again :)



Look at that gorgeous texture!


The pattern for this quilt uses a charm pack and a yard of fabric for the borders - my kind of quilt! This charm pack has been in my stash from when I first started quilting - a baby quilter :) - and when I picked it up, I had no idea what I was going to use it for...



Cue the random purchase of some solid gray...


And voila! A baby quilt fit for a princess! This quilt has already been wrapped up and given away to someone who is celebrating a new girl grandchild.


I tried a new quilting technique seen here in this video: Lava Paisley. Mine is a little different then hers, but you get the idea :) It was the first time I have tried this and it went better than I thought it would, but used up a ton of thread! I must have refilled my bobbin four times on for this baby quilt! I want to do a bed quilt with this texture, but all that bobbin-filling...



The backing is a cute flannel I got on sale at JoAnn's. For some reason I thought I needed 5 yards of it, so you will probably be seeing this fabric again...and again...and again... :)

Here is a sneak peak of what I have been working on...



Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday, http://www.confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/search/label/whoop-whoop, and http://www.sewcanshe.com/blog/2015/7/31/show-off-saturday-i-made-a-day-off-backpack

Until next time,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. This is incredible!! That is the part I get up to and seem to never make it look as pretty (I usually just stitch in the ditch and call it a day). Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song!! I think that shows my age a bit. Your quilt is lovely - its the texture of the FMQing that really makes it something special. Yes, filling bobbins is a pain. When I am using a quilting design that will use a lot of thread I try to wind several bobbins at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE NAUTICAL ONE YOU'RE WORKING ON NOW!! You should start selling your quilts on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete